Unable to create coversheet for embargoed resource

Project:RUcore dlr/EDIT
Version:7.6.3
Component:Code
Category:bug report
Priority:critical
Assigned:chadmills
Status:closed
Description

When I ingested a resource with an embargo, no cover sheet was created. When I tried to create the coversheet in dlr/EDIT, I received this error message, and no cover sheet was created:
Error with rutgers-lib:48261 - getCurrentJobStatus::Failure:JobID-b6d22e9c-5f45-4a9b-a88c-f3f81e6d90b2\96977 failed. Adlib Express Debug

The PDF has no security restrictions.

Production system.

Comments

#1

Assigned to:yuyang» chadmills
Status:active» fixed

After much debugging we (Yang, Kalaivani and I) found the problem was with the PDF. The PDF had issues I have never seen before and I can't quote explain. The issues made it so I could not open with Acrobat Professional and simply re-save it. I have to export it as a PostScript file and then run it through a distiller to create a new PDF.

Once I did that I was able to merge/add pages to the PDF. We purged the existing REF-1 from production and added the newly created/distilled PDF back in. We then ran the create cover-sheet function from dlr/EDIT and a cover-sheet was generated.

I recommend Isaiah look over the ARCH again and see if he can determine if it is OK for preservation. It might not given all the problem we had interacting with it. I am marking this fixed, but feel free to examine the resource and let me know if something isn't quite right.

#2

Status:fixed» closed

Back to top