Corporate name hyperlinks do not work

Project:RUcore SOLR Searching and Indexing
Version:7.6
Component:Code
Category:bug report
Priority:critical
Assigned:ananthan
Status:closed
Description

The corporate name hyperlinks in a record do not work. It appears that changes were made to the index -- probably to accommodate a specific collection or portal -- that affected the search of corporate names.

There are 553 records in the collection, Graduate School - Newark Electronic Theses and Dissertations.
If I open one of those records and click on the hyperlink, "Graduate School - Newark" (mods:name type="corporate"), I get only five records in the result. If I click on "Rutgers University" (mods:name type="corporate"), I get only 703 records in the result. There should be about 4,900 records in the ETD collections alone that have the corporate name, Rutgers University.

While the hyperlinks definitely do not work, my preliminary checking indicates that a search of "Name" from the advanced search page is also affected.

This needs to be fixed.

Comments

#1

Somehow the string is being fused to the school name. If you amend the search to
<a href="https://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/search/results/?key=ETD-RU&amp;q1=Graduate+School+-+New+Brunswickschool&amp;q1field=mods%3Aname" title="https://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/search/results/?key=ETD-RU&amp;q1=Graduate+School+-+New+Brunswickschool&amp;q1field=mods%3Aname">https://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/search/results/?key=ETD-RU&amp;q1=Gradu...</a>
you get 3707 hits. This should be a simple fix.

#2

Status:active» test

The XSLT script was taking the entire mods:name @type="corporate" and fusing the mods:role. I changed it so that it also separates mods:namePart and mods:role with spaces. I've fixed it on red-dev and rep-test and I'm reindexing all the objects on rep-test (where the problem occurred as well), after which (by lunchtime certainly) it should be ready to test.

#3

Assigned to:triggs» rmarker

#4

Assigned to:rmarker» martyb

Unable to test in rucore-test. The RUcore portal does not hyperlink names, but they are hyperlinked (searchable) in the production portal. Test and Production should mirror each other.

#5

Assigned to:martyb» rmarker

The RUcore portal on the test system has been reconfigured to match the portal on the production system. Both now use the Default Brief and Default Full Record styles, which hyperlink names.
<br /><br />
To accomplish this, a number of changes had to be made to the test system portal, especially in the Default Full Record style.
<br /><br />
It is recommended that the Default Brief and Default Full Record styles on the test system not be altered for future testing unless those same changes are expected to be implemented on the production system. Instead, consider creating a new style by copying the default style and making the changes to the new style.

#6

Assigned to:rmarker» ananthan
Status:test» fixed

Search results indicate that the hyperlinks -- and the search of corporate entities in "Name" are working now.

#7

Status:fixed» closed

Back to top