Exporting to EndNote and EndNote Web do not export all the metadata

Project:RUcore/NJDH/Partner Portal Search
Version:7.5
Component:Searching - Service Agent
Category:bug report
Priority:normal
Assigned:ananthan
Status:closed
Description

Yingting reported a few issues with the export. I can't attach the report to this issue because it is 2 GB, and it won't take it. I'll eamil.

Comments

#1

Assigned to:chadmills» ananthan

First problem

I used the mapping provided in the R 7.5 – Select Items specification which was amended in July but never finalized. This got sent around in email and someone; Rhonda, Jane, Laura, needs to close the loop on that.

Second problem

Taken from the specification mentioned in problem one author mapping is to be:

Author (Display in inverted order, e.g., Otto, Jane. Include all authors.)
<mods:name type="personal"> <mods:namePart type="given"> <mods:namePart type="family"> AND
<mods:role> <mods:roleTerm type="text" authority="marcrelator"> author
Maps to EndNote: AU
Maps to RefWorks: A1

In the test record in question the author metadata isn't mapped like this.

Test record: <a href="https://rucore-test.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/20548/" title="https://rucore-test.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/20548/">https://rucore-test.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/20548/</a>

The roleTerm is missing the @type attribute and the authority is "RULIB-FS"

This is why it doesn't get mapped into the export. I can't do anything about that unless someone wants to revise the mapping AND finalize the changes to the specification.

The other issue reported with exporting using IE11 into EndNote I will look into and report back on and probably create another issue so these separate problems don't continue to be associated.

I will mark it as active until I hear back on the specification and/or the mapping.

#2

First problem

I used the mapping provided in the R 7.5 – Select Items specification which was amended in July but never finalized. This got sent around in email and someone; Rhonda, Jane, Laura, needs to close the loop on that.

Second problem

Taken from the specification mentioned in problem one author mapping is to be:

Author (Display in inverted order, e.g., Otto, Jane. Include all authors.)
&lt;mods:name type="personal"&gt; &lt;mods:namePart type="given"&gt; &lt;mods:namePart type="family"&gt; AND
&lt;mods:role&gt; &lt;mods:roleTerm type="text" authority="marcrelator"&gt; author
Maps to EndNote: AU
Maps to RefWorks: A1

In the test record in question the author metadata isn't mapped like this.

Test record: <a href="https://rucore-test.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/20548/" title="https://rucore-test.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/20548/">https://rucore-test.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/20548/</a>

The roleTerm is missing the @type attribute and the authority is "RULIB-FS"

This is why it doesn't get mapped into the export. I can't do anything about that unless someone wants to revise the mapping AND finalize the changes to the specification.

The other issue reported with exporting using IE11 into EndNote I will look into and report back on and probably create another issue so these separate problems don't continue to be associated.

I will mark it as active until I hear back on the specification and/or the mapping.

#3

I tested the EndNoteWeb export on IE10 (10.0.90.17054CO), Windows 7 and IE11(11.0.9600.17126), Windows 8 and didn't observe the issue that was reported. I will not open a new issue regarding this since I could not duplicate it.

#4

Status:active» closed

I'm closing this entry. There is a new entry for R7.6 to review and finalize citation mapping.

Back to top