Error getting to Why Iowa SPSS Data on RUcore research portal

Project:RUcore dlr/EDIT
Version:7.2
Component:Code
Category:bug report
Priority:normal
Assigned:chadmills
Status:closed
Description

Got email from PI - tried to send someone a link to the data, but it wasn't working.

I tested it out - Downloading the project works - BUT it doesn't work from the RUcore page.

Starting at <a href="http://hdl.rutgers.edu/1782.1/rucore00000002099.collection.57345" title="http://hdl.rutgers.edu/1782.1/rucore00000002099.collection.57345">http://hdl.rutgers.edu/1782.1/rucore00000002099.collection.57345</a>

Goes to collection -

Two problems...
1) If I click on View Related Objects - it just sits there - I get a message "Accumulating related objects..." No result.

2) Starting again, if I search for "Iowa" and click on the DATA tab/link, I get to the page to directly access the SPSSPOR-1 file - and the link fails, with "The datastream 'SPSSPOR-1' could not be found in rutgers-lib:30899".

Could you check?

Comments

#1

Project:RUcore Website» RUcore dlr/EDIT
Version:7.1» 7.1
Assigned to:chadmills» triggs

This is a production object and is using dlr code. I am redirecting this to Jeffery under the dlr/EDIT project for comment and solution.

#2

This is the problem Dave identified as being caused by the domain name. It never turned up on devel and staging because there the $rucorebase locations were aligned as $serverbase/rucore and so showfed could run Chad's ajax scripts. Dave discovered that if you change the URL to:
<a href="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/dlr/showfed.php?pid=rutgers-lib:30904" title="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/dlr/showfed.php?pid=rutgers-lib:30904">http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/dlr/showfed.php?pid=rutgers-lib:3090...</a>
It will work. This will go away in 7.2, but if you are worried about these particular objects in the meantime, maybe we could try changing the handles. Just an idea.

#3

Jeffrey,
I don't know if the link below is truncated or what...but it resolved to a different RUcore object? If it looks like 7.2 is really going live soon, then it can probably wait. But it is disconcerting, to say the least. Do we have any way of knowing how widespread the problem is? It can't just be this one object?

#4

Hmmm. The link I pasted was a version of where the handle pointed with the name mss3 changed to rucore. I think the ajax problems will go away with 7.2, though this object (which has definitely been fussed over - perhaps a bit too much), may have other problems. The SPSSPOR issue seems to be caused by a 204 that triggers the error in outputds.
Array
(
[url] => <a href="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/api/get/rutgers-lib:30899/SPSSPOR/1/" title="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/api/get/rutgers-lib:30899/SPSSPOR/1/">http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/api/get/rutgers-lib:30899/SPSSPOR/1/</a>
[content_type] => text/html
[http_code] => 204
[header_size] => 342
[request_size] => 158
[filetime] => -1
[ssl_verify_result] => 0
[redirect_count] => 0
[total_time] => 0.026366
[namelookup_time] => 0.000409
[connect_time] => 0.000474
[pretransfer_time] => 0.000477
[size_upload] => 0
[size_download] => 0
[speed_download] => 0
[speed_upload] => 0
[download_content_length] => 0
[upload_content_length] => 0
[starttransfer_time] => 0.026325
[redirect_time] => 0
[primary_ip] => 128.6.218.67
[redirect_url] =>
)

#5

Version:7.1» 7.2

What is the status of this?

#6

This error is not fixed. Jeffery and I have talked, and he believes that it will be resolved with the upgrade to 7.2. Alternatively, he could manually re-craft the url, but I don't want to encourage one-off solutions to bugs, esp with 7.2 coming.

I'm comfortable holding tight to see if the upgrade resolves the issue.

#7

Status:active» test

I'm moving this to test so that it won't appear as something that needs work at this time.

#8

Assigned to:triggs» ananthan
Status:test» active

Unfortunately, with the 7.2 rollout this morning, I tested the link to the dataset on this project, and the download still fails/is not found. I know Jeffrey is out, so I'm initially routing to KA. (I haven't found any other data links that fail similarly.) Project is at <a href="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/30899/" title="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/30899/">http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/30899/</a>.

#9

Assigned to:ananthan» aletia.morgan
Status:active» test

Needed to changed a file policy configuration to enable access. The separator value was missing. Please test.

#10

Aletia,

Please test again. We just made some configuration changes.

KA

#11

Assigned to:aletia.morgan» chadmills
Status:test» fixed

Thanks - it worked from my Cell phone (just getting some lunch), and I got back and it worked fine from the computer.

Cross one off the list...

#12

Status:fixed» closed

Back to top