RUcore OAI-PMH base URL - issue submitted from RUcore site

Project:RUcore API's
Component:OAI Harvester API
Category:bug report

Submitted by:Thomas Dowling

I used to be able to harvest metadata for Rutgers ETDs from <a href="" title=""></a>. That host name has apparently been retired, and I cannot find the new location for the OAI-PMH base URL. I get no response from

Email from Ron:
Just a quick note on this OAI issue. Jeffery has fixed the resumptionToken issue on rep-devel - a newline being added that caused it to be invalid. It's a trivial fix and I recommend we put it into R6.2.1 so that OhioLink can continue to harvest our ETDs.



Just a note. The OAI is restricted now to localhost, but he will be able to use a dlr/EDIT script, getfedoraoai-stream.php, which he may actually have used before. I think the localhost restriction has been on for quite some time.



Please add a comment explaining how this bug was fixed. We need to test this.



I'm not sure if our bug fix will really help these people if they expect to harvest OAI data from the <a href="" title=""></a> url. We have long had a script that extracts OAI data using local host, reads the resumptionTokens, and delivers a given number of sets (which our fedora config has set at the default 100 records. The bug I found was a newline character that was blocking the reading of the resumption tokens and so limiting us to one set. This is fixed on rep-devel, but we probably don't want to give out this address. We could use it to cook up some data to deliver to them, as we did for another person as I remember, but I suspect that what he really wants is for us to open up our OAI server again so that they can use their own harvester.


Project:RUcore dlr/EDIT» RUcore API's
Version:6.1.2» 6-x
Component:Code» OAI Harvester API
Assigned to:triggs» chadmills
Status:active» test

Created an API under the RUcore API's directory that will serve as a pass-through to the Fedora OAI harvester. The API access URI is:

<a href="" title=""></a>

I added the six known and established verbs provided by the Open Archives Initiative.

<a href="" title=""></a>

I also added the known accepted arguments for each verb so some sanity checking is done to incoming requests before being sent to the Fedora OAI harvester. Only the six establlished verbs and there individual arguments are acceptable inputs. All other inputs are ignored.

The following are test cases for each of the verbs.

GetRecord verb
<a href=";;metadataPrefix=oai_dc" title=";;metadataPrefix=oai_dc">;ide...</a>

Identify verb
<a href="" title=""></a>

ListIdentifiers verb
<a href=";metadataPrefix=oai_dc" title=";metadataPrefix=oai_dc"></a>

<a href=";" title=";"></a>

<a href=";metadataPrefix=oai_dc" title=";metadataPrefix=oai_dc">;m...</a>

<a href="" title=""></a>


Version:6-x» 7.0
Assigned to:chadmills» rjantz


Status:test» fixed

I tested all the verbs and they look good. We should try to get this out in a bugfix release if possible.


Status:fixed» closed

Back to top