Incorrect descriptive event namespace is being written in the XML by Fedora Edit

Project:RUcore Workflow Management System (WMS)
Version:7.0
Component:Fedora Edit
Category:bug report
Priority:critical
Assigned:yuyang
Status:closed
Description

When an object is created in WMS, the WMS writes [mods:extension][rulib:descriptiveEvent] in the XML. If an object is edited using Fedora Edit after it is ingested, the WMS writes [mods:extension][mods:descriptiveEvent] in the XML.

This needs to be corrected.

Comments

#1

Version:6.1.2» 7.0

#2

Status:active» test

This has been fixed in previous release.

#3

Assigned to:yuyang» ananthan

test

#4

Assigned to:ananthan» yuyang
Status:test» active

I tried to edit rutgers-lib:25675 in the Air Pollution and Mortality for 60 US Cities in 1960 collection but the descriptive event metadata is not in the WMS form.

I copied the descriptive event section (see below) in the XML before I tried editing.

[mods:extension]
[rulib:descriptiveEvent xmlns:rulib="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/schemas/rulib/0.1/metadata.dtd"]
[rulib:type]Related publication[/rulib:type]
[rulib:label]Article referencing the data set Air Pollution and Mortality for 60 U.S. Cities in 1960[/rulib:label]
[rulib:associatedObject]
[rulib:type]Article[/rulib:type]
[rulib:relationship]References[/rulib:relationship]
[rulib:name]Pazzani, Michael J. and Bay, Stephen D. (1999) The Independent Sign Bias: Gaining Insight from Multiple Linear Regression: Proceedings of the Twenty First Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society.[/rulib:name]
[rulib:identifier type="hdl"]http://hdl.rutgers.edu/1782.1/rucore30016700001.Manuscript.000056844[/rulib:identifier]
[/rulib:associatedObject]
[/rulib:descriptiveEvent]
[/mods:extension]
[mods:extension]

#5

Status:active» test

I tried the same thing using a different record and didn't reproduce the problem. I checked rutgers-lib:25675 xml and found that it is missing one of the versions in its auditTrail (ver. 12), now the whole record cannot be seen in catalog utility. I don't know the history of this record. It's better to test this issue by using some other records. -YY

#6

I can try a few but these are real dataset objects created by Grace and we exported these objects from the test server to the production server. I am concerned if this does not work on the test server, this may cause problems on the production server.

#7

Status:test» closed

Correct namespace is being written in the XML when edited in Fedora.
In WMS:

[mods:extension]
[rulib:descriptiveEvent xmlns:rulib="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/schemas/rulib/0.1/metadata.dtd"]
[rulib:type]Cataloging[/rulib:type]
[rulib:label]cataloging label[/rulib:label]
[rulib:associatedEntity]
[rulib:role]Actor[/rulib:role]
[rulib:name]KA[/rulib:name]
[/rulib:associatedEntity]
[/rulib:descriptiveEvent]
[/mods:extension]

Before Fedora Edit:
[mods:extension]
[rulib:descriptiveEvent xmlns:rulib="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/schemas/rulib/0.1/metadata.dtd"]
[rulib:type]Cataloging[/rulib:type]
[rulib:label]cataloging label[/rulib:label]
[rulib:associatedEntity]
[rulib:role]Actor[/rulib:role]
[rulib:name]KA[/rulib:name]
[/rulib:associatedEntity]
[/rulib:descriptiveEvent]
[/mods:extension]

After Fedora EDIT:

[mods:extension]
[rulib:descriptiveEvent xmlns:rulib="http://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/schemas/rulib/0.1/metadata.dtd"]
[rulib:type]Cataloging[/rulib:type]
[rulib:label]cataloging label[/rulib:label]
[rulib:associatedEntity]
[rulib:role]Actor[/rulib:role]
[rulib:name]KA[/rulib:name]
[/rulib:associatedEntity]
[rulib:dateTime encoding="iso8601" point="start"]123[/rulib:dateTime]
[/rulib:descriptiveEvent]
[/mods:extension]

Back to top