Download count mismatch

Project:RUcore/NJDH/Partner Portal Search
Version:5.2
Component:Portal Creation/Editing/Management - Search Portal Tool
Category:bug report
Priority:normal
Assigned:chadmills
Status:closed
Description

When viewing download statistics for the "Democratic and Republican Iowa Caucuses on January 3, 2008" collection in dlrEDIT from May 1, 2011 10 to May 6th, 2001 at total number of 15 items were reported as downloaded.

When using the Stats API to cull inforamtion on the same collection during the same time period the total number of items downloaded is 2.

I noticed a difference is that 13 downlaods are SPSS-POR files so I am not sure if that is the difference, meaning the Stats API isn't picking them up.

Screenshots of the two reports side-by-side is attached.

Comments

#1

Status:active» test

I think I fixed early. (before you send out this bug) please test.

Here is the result form API summary and details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<summary xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
<Totalobjects xlink:href="/rucore/api/stats/objectdetails/?start_date=2011-05-01&amp;end_date=2011-05-06&amp;collection=rucore00000000149,rucore00000000148">4</Totalobjects>
<Collection>2</Collection>
<Document>1</Document>
<Content_model_Unknown>1</Content_model_Unknown>
<Total_searches>214</Total_searches>
<Total_downloads>16</Total_downloads>
<Unique_downloads>2</Unique_downloads>
</summary>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<objectset xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
<index id="0" total_obj="2">
<objectdetails>
<objectid>rutgers-lib:25698</objectid>
<title>Why Iowa? University of Iowa Hawkeye Poll. Data</title>
<total>14</total>
</objectdetails>
<type_code>
<xml>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</xml>
<xsl>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</xsl>
<mp3>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</mp3>
<mp4>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</mp4>
<csv>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</csv>
<por>
<total_num>14</total_num>
<edu>14</edu>
</por>
<djvu>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</djvu>
<pdf>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</pdf>
<jpeg>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</jpeg>
<jpeg-S>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</jpeg-S>
<jpeg-M>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</jpeg-M>
<flashvideo>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</flashvideo>
<QTvideo>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</QTvideo>
<txt>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</txt>
</type_code>
</index>
<index id="1" total_obj="2">
<objectdetails>
<objectid>rutgers-lib:25699</objectid>
<title>Why Iowa? University of Iowa Hawkeye Poll Data Collection Instruments. Survey Instruments.</title>
<total>2</total>
</objectdetails>
<type_code>
<xml>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</xml>
<xsl>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</xsl>
<mp3>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</mp3>
<mp4>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</mp4>
<csv>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</csv>
<por>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</por>
<djvu>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</djvu>
<pdf>
<total_num>2</total_num>
<edu>2</edu>
</pdf>
<jpeg>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</jpeg>
<jpeg-S>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</jpeg-S>
<jpeg-M>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</jpeg-M>
<flashvideo>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</flashvideo>
<QTvideo>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</QTvideo>
<txt>
<total_num>0</total_num>
</txt>
</type_code>
</index>
</objectset>

#2

Status:test» active

I am still having the problem.

#3

Project:RUcore Statistics» RUcore/NJDH/Partner Portal Search
Version:5.2» 5.2
Component:Code» Portal Creation/Editing/Management - Search Portal Tool
Assigned to:jgeng» chadmills
Status:active» closed

After working with jie it was discovered the dlr management tool was displaying all collection associated. The search portal tool was only displaying active collections with objects in them. After exposing all collection in the statstics display in the search portal tool the number now match up. I am closing the ticket because I do not feel it need more testing.

Back to top